Bids to 3 separate sources were made late in February and we now must await deliberations to see whether we are successful.

The main bid is to the Historic Churches Roof Trust and if this is successful it should provide sufficient leverage for the two smaller bids to be successful and enable the work to go ahead.

The work in compiling the bids was quite considerable but we are hopeful that we will be successful this time around. If we are successful then the real work will start. This will involve seeking a 'faculty' from the Diocese for the work - a tedious and complex business, getting a bat survey carried out - we have a colony of natterers bats in the roof, obtain competitive quotes and letting the contract. The planned work will start in the Spring of 2017 so we will have to keep an eye on the tarpaulin in the meantime.